Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Miracle of New Life

Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead? (Acts 26:8)

When we think about it, we realize that if God exists it is no problem for him to raise the dead. But we are deceived by the ordinariness of our daily lives. I’ve never seen anyone raised from the dead. Yesterday was much like today and tomorrow promises to be just the same. We think “everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” (2 Pet 3:4) A subtle doubt creeps into our hearts. The enemy taunts us: “Did God really say...” (Gen 3:1) To believe in miracles I must see with the eyes of faith. I must look at what is eternal, not temporal. (2 Cor 4:18)

Lord, I know that you are real, and that you are a worker of miracles. In my own heart I have experienced the miracle of salvation. Forgive me when I begin to think pessimistically about the people I am praying for. You created the universe, and you can move the hearts of the lost. Turn their hearts to you. As you indwell them and sanctify them may I once again see death overcome by life. Your life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment