Friday, March 5, 2010

Rebuking in Love

He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor than he who has a flattering tongue. (Pr 28:23)

My first instinct is to always watch out for hurting someone’s feelings, so I often hold my tongue when I perhaps ought to rebuke them. I know this verse can be abused by those who like to vent their anger and call it “rebuke.” But sometimes I do more harm than good by holding my tongue, and instead finding something to compliment them on. Especially as a father, there are times I need to bring correction. Lord, help me to choose wisely in each situation. Help me to know when encouragement is needed for failure and when rebuke is needed for waywardness.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog title is what caught my eye
    and I enjoyed looking over your blog.

    You are more than welcome to visit my mine.
    http://ronjoewhite.blogspot.com
    ronj1946 at gmail dot com

    About this comment...

    I post this same comment to all new blogs I visit. Blog titles and profile photos are the number one reason I stop and visit a blog. And I do enjoy looking over blogs. Do I want you to visit my blog and become a follower? Of course I do! I would count it an honor.

    God Bless You, Ron

    ReplyDelete