Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fount of Wisdom

Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance. (Pro 1:5)

There is never a point at which we have learned all we need to learn from God and his Word. This verse from the introduction to the book of Proverbs reminds me why I read it every month. I suppose some would think it foolish to read something over and over again. And I would certainly be embarrassed to admit to you how many times I read Lord of the Rings when I was younger! But the Bible is different. It is God’s Book. Though written by human authors, every word was inspired by the Divine Author. It contains a depth of wisdom and understanding far beyond any other book. In a hundred readings we could not uncover it all. Every month a new verse leaps off the page and connects with some part of my present experience. Lord, thank you for the gift of your Word. Speak to me through its pages. May I never tire of reading it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment