Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let No Sin Rule

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. (Ps 119:133)

Lord, I know I have often let sin rule over me. It rules me when I heed its lies and I stop my ears to your voice. Direct my steps to a walk of obedience. Your Word shows me the path of righteousness. Thank you for the conviction this verse brings. Thank you today for a glimpse of what my life would be like if I truly lived it for you. Lord, do not abandon me to my foolish ways. Discipline me when I stray and when I repent encourage me to stay the course. A life lived for self is a life utterly wasted. I surrender my life once again. You are my Lord and my God. Your Spirit lives in me and you have given me the power to live according to your Word. Lead and I will follow. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment