Sunday, May 22, 2011

God's Law

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. (Ps 119:18)

Isn’t it interesting how often in everyday life the idea of “the law” carries a negative connotation? We say, “that’s against the law,” or “you might get in trouble with the law.” By contrast, in Scripture the law is wonderful and good. It is our sin nature that fools us into thinking sin is good and the law is bad. Our sin nature wants to answer to no authority. It wants to ignore all consequences of sin. Therefore, the fool sees God’s laws as unwelcome restraint, but the wise man sees them as signposts on the road to righteousness. Lord, teach me your ways and show me wonderful things in your law. I delight in your word. Train me in righteousness. You have given me a new heart that yearns for you. Teach and mold me to be pleasing to you in every way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment