Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lead By Example

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. (Pro 10:17)

I know that obedience is important, and that God disciplines me to teach me obedience, and that when I ignore his correction and continue to disobey I will suffer the consequences of my disobedience. But I rarely think about the full impact of my defiance – how it affects those around me. It is not just those who are directly affected by my misdeeds. I am a leader in my family and other spheres of influence, and my example will influence those around me either for good or ill. Lord, help me to recognize the seen and unseen consequences of my sin. I never just hurt myself, I hurt others around me. I want to be a godly example to others. Let me be a positive influence on those around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment