Saturday, September 8, 2012

Promised Redemption

No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him – the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough. But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. (Ps 49:7-8,15)

Sin brought death into the world, and no man can do anything to change that. We have sinned and we will die. We do not have the power or the righteousness to defeat death on our own. But God! I love those two words. He is the answer to all our predicaments. I cannot defeat death. But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself.

This much was known to the psalmist in ancient days. He looked ahead to a redemption he knew was coming but he could not see how or by whom. How blessed we are to be born into these latter days! We know the joy of a daily walk with Jesus, our Blessed Redeemer. He paid the debt I could not pay. The blood of Christ is sufficient for all our sins. Lord, thank you for the great joy of knowing you, of experiencing your presence every day. Thank you that I enjoy now the eternal life of which the psalmist could only dream. Even though my body will one day die, death will never separate me from you, my Lord and Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment