Friday, September 10, 2010

Blameless and Pure

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life. (Phil 2:14-16a)

Everybody likes to gripe. At my office we complain about upper management – like probably a million other offices in the country. I gripe, too. And when I do I miss out on a wonderful opportunity to shine like a star in the universe. If I am just like everybody else, what good is it to the Kingdom? Those who daily walk in love, joy and peace stand out from the crowd. They earn a platform from which to be heard as they “hold out the word of life.” What does it do to my testimony when I gripe and complain like everyone else? My opportunity to be a testimony to Jesus Christ simply disappears. Lord, help me to shine like a star in the universe in my daily life, so I can hold out the word of life in a way that people will listen. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment