Friday, September 3, 2010

Slowly But Surely

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Rom 12:2a)

Toward this end, one very practical thing I can do is to devote myself daily to prayer and reading God’s Word. Another is in verse 1, “offer your bodies as living sacrifices.” I daily pray a prayer of surrender. And as many times during the day as my mind snaps back to it, I confess my love and service to him again. These are the very practical disciplines which I was taught in the One on One discipleship study. It is sometimes disheartening to me that I am so far from being the man of God that I aspire to be. Yet I believe and trust that slowly, almost imperceptibly, as I faithfully execute these daily disciplines I am being molded into that man of God. I know his word will not come back void, nor his Spirit fail to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment