Thursday, September 30, 2010

Legacy of Faith

But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark – you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. (Gen 6:18)

To the extent that Noah’s salvation from the flood is a type (i.e., symbol) of our salvation, it is perhaps significant that Noah’s family, including his sons and their wives, were saved with him. It is reminiscent of the jailer and his family in Acts 16. In that case, not only was his whole family baptized, but it clearly says that they all believed. So clearly they were saved not by the jailer’s decision, but by their own. In the same way, Noah’s family had to be willing to actually board the ark. And yet, it does certainly indicate that a righteous man can lead his whole family to salvation. I want to leave a legacy of faith in my family. I pray they will find in me sound leadership and a good example, so that my children and grandchildren and later generations will be faithful in turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment