Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ad Gloriam Dei

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Cor 10:31)


Day by Day,
Day by Day,
Oh Dear Lord,
Three things I pray.
To see thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
Follow thee more nearly.
Day by Day.


Lyrics from the musical Godspell
Based on a prayer by Richard, Bishop of Chichester (1197-1253)


These words capture perfectly the heart message of One on One with God. As I embark on these meditations it is my guiding purpose to know him, to love him and to serve him better and better with each passing day. So I have inscribed them here, at the beginning of my journal, to remind me every day of what I am about. And now I am offering them to you, dear reader, to urge upon you the same life purpose. Some of the meditations I post here will be short and some long, some trivial and some profound, but in each one I am animated by this desire: to know him, to love him and to serve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment