Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Called Out

If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. (Jn 7:17)

I feel like Jesus is "calling me out" in this passage! You say you believe; start living it and you will really find out whether it is true or not. Put your money where your mouth is. I remember the Plexiglas floor in the CN tower in Toronto. A clear plastic floor and underneath it’s 1400 feet straight down. Although intellectually I believed that it was strong enough to hold me (engineering judgment, building codes, even seeing others step out) I could not bring myself to step to the middle of that panel. Similarly, I need to overcome my instinct for self-preservation and step out in faith to be obedient to God in ministry, evangelism and personal lifestyle. Then I will truly know that his Word is true, and not just "believe" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment