Monday, June 28, 2010

Go and Do Likewise

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.” (Lk 10:36-37)

How much do I bestir myself to help those around me? Oh, I might help a family member or a friend. But there are needy people all around me who are practically invisible to me. When have I ever even felt compassion for them, let alone made any effort to help? This is not right! The cornerstone of our witness is our willingness to help those in need, even if they are not family or friends, or of the same ethnic group, or fellow Christians. Why would they listen to what we say about the love of Jesus if they don’t see that love in us?

No comments:

Post a Comment