Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We Are Precious to Him

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Lk 12:6-7)

It is impossible for us to truly grasp how well God knows us and how much he loves us. He knows us completely. Nothing is hidden (v2). Jesus expresses this by saying the hairs of our head are numbered, a task that seems humanly impossible. Today we would say he knows every atom or cell in our bodies. Even though he knows us so well he still loves us. I do not think that would be true of any human who knew me that well. There are limits to our love, but not to his! Jesus further tells us that he knows and values every sparrow, so how much must he value us? Don’t be afraid! If God loves us that much and knows us that well, what reason do we have to fear? Lord, when I am afraid it is as though I doubt you. Forgive me for my fear and lack of faith. I know that you are God and I trust in your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment