Saturday, June 12, 2010

Keep Your Eyes on the Road

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. (Pr 4:25)

I want to stay focused on Jesus, who is my Lord and my purpose for living. I do not want to be distracted or derailed by sin. Looking aside is a perfect metaphor for being distracted. I remember a story told by some friends of ours. Their son Steve was learning to drive. They were letting him drive on the way up to their place in the country. Whenever he would see something interesting, like a deer grazing in a field, he would turn his head to look at it. And whatever direction his head turned the car began to follow. They would have to yell, “Look out, Steve!” That’s just like us when we take our eyes off of Jesus. The car begins to head into the ditch.

Lord, I want to keep my eyes on the road you have laid out for me. I know you have given me everything I need to be obedient to you. "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." (2 Pet 1:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment