Monday, August 9, 2010

A Father's Words

For you know we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory. (I Thes 2:11-12)

Lord, help me to do this with my own sons. I want to be encouraging and comforting, without neglecting to urge them to godliness. Help me never to be silenced by discouragement or complacency, but continually to speak your love and your truth to them. “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” May I be so full of your Spirit that spiritual words of love and truth would come bubbling up naturally from who I am, unselfconsciously and sincerely. May the testimony of my life also proclaim your love and your truth, even when no words are spoken. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment