Saturday, August 21, 2010

Reflecting His Glory

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Cor 3:18)

The veil which blinded us to Christ has been removed, and we now reflect his glory, as Moses’ face reflected God’s glory coming down from Mt. Sinai. So we have already been transformed – we already reflect the Lord’s glory. But wait, there’s more! The transformation – the sanctification – continues and we continue to become more like him. This is the work of the Holy Spirit. It is not something we can do, but God alone. Our part is to yield, to receive. Lord, teach me to yield. Thank you that my sanctification does not depend on my strength. Thank you that you are faithful. I will follow you, and let you do your work in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment