Friday, August 6, 2010

Take a Stand

Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac. (Hos 9:7b)

Just like in Israel, in our society today sin has become so prevalent and hostility to Christianity so common, that those who stand up publicly for God and biblical truth are considered foolish or insane. This means that if I am worried about what people will think of me I may as well just get over it, because if I stand publicly for the gospel I will face ridicule and hostility. This is just the price to pay for being faithful to God’s calling. But some will listen and be saved. For their sakes, and for the honor and glory of God, I must speak up and be willing to be known as a believer in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment