Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Through and Through

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. (I Thes 5:23-24)

Paul prayed for the Thessalonians’ sanctification, and he gave them a promise that God is faithful and he will do it. God doesn’t just call us and leave it at that. He has a plan for us. He intends to “keep us blameless” until his coming. Will we never sin? No, but our sins are covered. We have full assurance of salvation, and ultimately sanctification. Lord, I’m so glad you will never give up on me. I’m so glad I will one day be fully sanctified. I pray that in this life I will be “sanctified through and through” to your glory and for your service. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment