Monday, April 5, 2010

Blessings of Wisdom

Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
   I have understanding and power.
By me kings reign
   and rulers make laws that are just;
by me princes govern,
   and all nobles who rule on earth.
I love those who love me,
   and those who seek me find me.
With me are riches and honor,
   enduring wealth and prosperity.
My fruit is better than fine gold;
   what I yield surpasses choice silver.
I walk in the way of righteousness,
   along the paths of justice,
bestowing wealth on those who love me
   and making their treasuries full.
(Pr 8:14-21)

In this passage, the personified voice of Wisdom speaks of the blessings she showers on those who seek her. Godly wisdom leads to great worldly success. Many people fail to achieve their full potential because they lack wisdom. Greed, for instance, can cause someone to lose all their money. The lust for power can cause the mighty to fall. I have often said that the Bible is full of so much wisdom that even one who does not believe in God would do well to study it.

No comments:

Post a Comment