Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Digging Up Your Talent

Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will product its fruit. (Mt 21:43)

In this Parable of the Tenants, the wicked tenants kill the master’s son and refuse to give him the master’s share of the fruit. It is clearly very important to God that we who have been entrusted with his kingdom bear fruit. In my timidity, this is the very thing I have not done. I am like the wicked, lazy servant who buried his talent (Mt 25:26). Lord, I don’t want to bury my talent any more. I want to be in the game, getting roughed up sometimes, but bearing fruit for you. Thank you that you have been helping me see how I need to change. Thanks you for your Holy Spirit who will empower me to change and to act on your behalf. Thank you for your great patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment