Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nothing Is Hard for God

Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” He replied, “Because you have so little faith.” (Mt 17:19-20a)

It’s not that this demon was any harder to throw out than the others. But its more spectacular manifestations made them doubt that they could. Nothing is hard for God. It’s all the same to him. But when a problem looks big to us we tend to doubt more. I do this a lot. I’m always looking with natural eyes and thinking that something I’m praying for is hard or unlikely to happen. And so I don’t really expect anything to happen. Lord, help me to believe in miracles. Remind me that you are a mighty God. Let my faith be measured by the size of my God and not the size of my problems. Lord, I know that you can redeem any situation. Help me to see that picture in my mind’s eye when I pray and not a defeatist picture of nothing ever changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment