Saturday, April 24, 2010

How to Help Jesus

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?...I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. (Mt 25:35-40)

How often do I do any of these things? Not very often! I am convicted that I do way too little to help people in need in our society. It may be true that Christians as a group are more generous than society at large, but too many of us aren’t doing anything. What if the whole church were truly engaged? Great things could be accomplished! Lord, forgive me for selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment