Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Under Control

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Ps 34:4)

It is human nature to be afraid, but we have no cause for fear, because God is with us. Whatever it is that we might fear, God is sovereign over it. He is sovereign over all our circumstances. I need not fear that some happenstance will thwart his plan. The Holy Spirit is at work orchestrating every event to bring about his will. If I should think that some small action, or even inaction, on my part will frustrate God’s will I vastly underestimate his abilities. The Lord spoke to Isaiah, “I say: my purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.” (Is 46:10) God will use me, or he will use another. I pray, ultimately, to align myself with God’s will and to make myself available to God’s plan. But no man can thwart God’s will in anything. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment