Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Single-Minded Devotion

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Ps 37:4)

I want to truly and comprehensively delight myself in the Lord, by which I mean to seek only him, his Kingdom, and his righteousness and to be filled with the joy of his presence at all times.

Seek him  =  know him
Seek his kingdom  =  glorify him
Seek his righteousness  =  be like him

So it’s really all the same thing. This is just what One on One is all about. When the desire of my heart is just to know him, to glorify him, and to be like him, I will surely receive it and be filled with joy. I can’t believe I just said “surely” but it’s true. If I delight myself in the Lord (i.e. make these my life goals) it will happen. I have confidence in God and not myself. I will eat and be satisfied at the table of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment