Thursday, April 1, 2010

Toss the Idols

For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that he may strongly support those whose heart is completely his. (2 Chr 16:9)

This was the text of Mark’s sermon today (1/4/2009). He challenged us to live a life wholly devoted to God. A heart that is completely his gets heaven’s attention. These are the kind of people God can get something done with. Mark used King Asa as an example. Like Asa, we have to throw the idols out:
  1. It’s easy to set up an idol 
  2. Good things can become idols 
  3. Getting rid of them can be painful (Mt 5:30) 
  4. But peace comes to your heart when the idols have been removed (Is 26:3-4) 
Getting rid of idols:
  1. Identify them 
  2. Tear them down 
  3. Refocus the energy 
Lord, I want to get moving with this. I want to refocus on you and on being a true disciple and on making disciples. Holy Spirit, strengthen my resolve and my ability to devote myself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment