Thursday, October 21, 2010

Be Still and Know Him

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. (Ps 46:10-11)

God, the Great God, Creator of All Things, will one day be fully revealed in all his majesty and power before all men. He will be exalted in every land by every person. We can only dimly grasp his greatness and his glory, and even when he stands fully revealed our minds will not be able to encompass him.

But for now he is hidden, known only in the hearts of the wise – for fools even deny his existence. And today, while we walk by faith, God says, “Be still, and know that I am God.” The God who will one day be exalted before all men lives today in my heart. I can know him, if I will settle myself and pay attention. The Lord Almighty, who is now hidden but is always with us, is our strong fortress. He protects, defends, and strengthens us. How astonishing that I can commune in stillness with Almighty God, the very one who will someday be exalted in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment