Friday, October 15, 2010

God of Great and Small

From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth – he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. (Ps 33:13-15)

The same God who spoke the universe into existence concerns himself with every tiny detail of our lives. What an astonishing thought! The one who forms “the starry host by the breath of his mouth” (v6) has even numbered the very hairs on my head! (Lk 12:7)

When I consider that the God of such majesty and power watches everything I do, I am ashamed. He is there when I am “alone” in my car and call other drivers bad names. He is there when choose to watch a TV show I shouldn't. He is there, too, when I roll over and go back to sleep in the morning instead of getting up to spend time with him. Lord, you have the power to form the heavens by your word; I know you have the power to transform me into your image, if only I will let you. I surrender to you. You made me and I am yours. I know that you love me. Thank you for your mercy and your patience. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment