Friday, December 17, 2010

Deeply Rooted

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. (Jer 17:7-8)

Here again is the metaphor of the tree we find in Psalm 1. The echo of it is in Col 2:6-7 as well, which speaks of being rooted in Christ. I love when Jeremiah says, “It does not fear when heat comes.” The living water that flows from Christ is inexhaustible! Being rooted in him, my spirit will not wither when the world turns up the heat. I can be like the tree of life in Rev 22, bearing fruit in every season. Lord, I will trust you when hard times come. I know you will never fail me. Thank you for the life you have given me. May others look at me and see the fruit of a life spent deeply rooted in your word and your Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment