Friday, December 31, 2010

Doing My Part

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (Jn 14:12)

How convicting! I’m hard-pressed to think of any “greater things” that I have done. Of course I know that Jesus was speaking to his disciples and they ultimately worked many miracles and brought many to salvation. But he is also speaking to us: “anyone who has faith in me”. In this age God is advancing his Kingdom through the Body of Christ – the Church. As a finger or a toe or whatever, I am a part of the Body of Christ. Am I doing my part? Am I pulling my share of the load? Lord, help me to be faithful to my calling. Show me my part and guide me to fulfill it. I want to be part of the “greater things” your Church is doing in this age. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment