Thursday, December 9, 2010

Discover Your Calling

I am the apostle to the Gentiles. (Rom 11:13)

Paul knew his calling. There is a marvelous clarity and simplicity to this statement. God had made clear to him what his role was to be. Paul was certainly an unlikely candidate for the title of apostle to the Gentiles, at least at the outset. A “Pharisee of Pharisees” and persecutor of the church, no one who knew him would have guessed what he would become. Indeed, it was likely not clear to him for some years after his conversion. But he willingly went with Barnabas on that first missionary journey, and discovered his calling. Lord, help me to be receptive to your leading and open to your call. I would love to have the clarity about my calling that Paul had. Help me to be so surrendered to your will that it will become clear to me as it was to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment