Saturday, November 27, 2010

Even You

So that your trust may be in the Lord, I teach you today, even you. (Pro 22:19)

Something struck me as funny today when I read this. “I teach you today, even you.” Yes, even you, Bill Hensley. In many ways I feel like the most unlikely of disciples. I suppose we all feel that way at times. I think, "Lord, you should find someone more talented, someone more dedicated." But isn't that the point? It’s not about me but about him. God is in the business of making disciples out of unlikely candidates – Simon the impulsive fisherman, Saul the persecutor of the church. Even their names were changed. Later Paul understood this principle clearly:

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. (I Cor 1:26-27)

The unlikelier you are as a candidate for sainthood, the more glory God will receive when he transforms you into a vessel fit for his service. Lord, mold me and shape me to be the man you desire me to be. I yield to your Holy Spirit. I am yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment