Monday, November 15, 2010

The Mirror Doesn't Lie

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. (James 1:23-24)

The word of God is like a mirror. When I look into it, it reveals to me what I am really like. If I never look into the word of God I might never see my own sins and shortcomings. James says when I listen to the word I should do what it says. Imagine if I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair wasn’t combed, my socks didn’t match, and my shirttail wasn’t tucked in, but then I walked away and did nothing. What good would that do? I need to comb my hair, change my socks and tuck in my shirttail! When I read the Bible and it shows me my sin, I need to make some changes. And when I read about the ministry God has called us to I need to act! Lord, help me to be a doer of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment