Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Innocent Of Their Blood

Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. (Acts 20:26-27)

Paul was faithful to his calling. Heedless of personal danger and hardship he had faithfully "testified to the gospel of God’s grace" (v24). He gave all and risked all and he knew there was nothing more he could have done to bring others to Christ. And so he declared himself innocent of the blood of all men. What about me? I am afraid I have passed up many opportunities to tell others about Jesus. How many people needed to hear the Gospel from me and didn’t? What blood am I guilty of? Lord, forgive me for not proclaiming the Gospel boldly and consistently. Have mercy on those who could have heard it from me but didn’t. Teach me to be faithful to the calling you have given me. I want to be your faithful witness to the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment