Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Are You So Afraid?

He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (Mk 4:39-40)

The disciples were afraid because they didn’t yet fully appreciate who they had with them. If they had truly understood that it was the Son of God asleep in the stern, they might have been able to guess that he was destined for a greater end than to drown in a storm. They would have known he has power over even the wind and the waves. Lord, help me to remember who I am with. I know you are all powerful and you love me. That’s all I need to know to drive away all fear. Even if I die today, I know I will be with you for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment