Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wisdom from Heaven

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (James 3:17)

I'd like to think of myself as wise, but am I pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere? That’s a tall order! That kind of wisdom doesn’t happen naturally. That kind of wisdom comes from heaven. And it doesn’t come all at once. It comes gradually over time as I immerse myself in God’s word and surrender my heart to his Holy Spirit. In truth, I still have a long way to go. We all do. This kind of wisdom is not head knowledge, it is heart training. I may know about God, but I have a long way to go to be conformed to his image. Lord, train my heart to embrace your wisdom, so that my life will be a reflection of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment